The service life of the product can be reduced by penetration of dirt, paints and solvents,
damage from UV rays etc. It is the responsibility of the qualified
or competent person to carry out the inspection and the user to check
before use the product for proper functionality.
If the product caught a fall, it must be put down.
Tractel® no longer specifies a lifespan for personal protective equipment.
In fact, the personal protective equipment (PPE) from Tractel® can be used without any restrictions
in relation to their date of manufacture. This applies under the following conditions:
• Normal use in accordance with the instruction manual.
• Storage and transport regulations for the product must be adhered to exactly as specified
in the operating instructions.
• A periodic inspection of the products is carried out at least once a year by a qualified
or competent person. Following this test, the PPE product must be documented
in writing for further use.
• A complete, written history is available for the product you want to
That applies to* :
• Tractel® textile PPE products such as full body harnesses, lanyards, ropes and energy absorbers
• Tractel® mechanical PPE products such as stopcable, stopfor ™ fall arrest devices
• blocforTM fall arrest devices
• Tractel® lifeguards